Top Multi-State Income Tax CPAs for Businesses in 2021
Summary: This blog post will provide you with TaxValet’s vetted partners who specialize in multi-state income tax returns and apportionment.
You Need A Multi-State Income Tax Specialist
In recent years, states have increasingly been going after out-of-state small businesses for unpaid income tax. We expect even MORE audit activity in 2021 because the COVID pandemic has practically bankrupted governments.
If you believe that you only need to pay income tax in your home state, you could be sorely mistaken. Many businesses have income tax obligations in multiple states due to having substantial sales in another state, remote workers, or other factors.
Unfortunately, apportioning income and expenses across state lines is not straightforward. Rules vary in each state, and it is very easy for CPAs to make mistakes unless they were trained specifically on multi-state tax affairs.
If your business makes sales in multiple states, most CPAs simply don’t have the expertise that you’ll need to protect your business. You need someone who specializes in multi-state income tax filings.
That’s why we’ve created our list of recommended partners who can advise you on how to protect your business.
TaxValet’s List of Recommended Multi-State Income Tax Specialists:
TaxValet Recommends JJMansfield for multi-state income tax returns.
JJMansfield’s Pricing for Multi-State / Federal Income Tax Returns:
$1500 (Federal) and $250-$500 (Per State Filing).
Why you should consider working with JJMansfield:
- We’re invested in our clients. We spend the time to understand and educate.
- We are forward-thinking and digitally savvy.
- Your business is our business. We care.
Small Business Advisory, Accounting/Bookkeeping, Federal & Multi-State Income Tax Planning and Compliance.
JJMansfield primarily works with small businesses & their owners who need a dedicated, strategic team of advisors to navigate the tax and accounting challenges of doing business across multiple states.
JJMansfield’s sign-up deadlines:
For on-time filings: Sign-up before 01/15/2021 for timely submission
For extension filings: Sign-up before 03/01/2021 for timely submission
Who to contact for an initial consultation:
Contact Casey Lewandrowski at email@example.com or contact us at https://www.jjmansfield.com/
TaxValet Recommends airCFO for multi-state income tax returns.
airCFO’s Pricing for Multi-State / Federal Income Tax Returns:
Our standard rate is $1,800 for federal and $700 for state returns and $500 for municipal/city returns.
Rates are negotiable for high volume and for clients signing up for multiple of airCFO’s services (such as R&D studies, accounting or fractional CFO services).
Accounting & Bookkeeping, Fractional CFO, Payroll & HR, and Tax Compliance (including multi-state income tax and R&D tax)
For fast-growing startups who want to maintain a best-in-class back-office as they scale, airCFO is a finance, accounting & tax partner that provides the team, tools, and expertise for every stage of the startup lifecycle. Unlike pure software solutions or legacy fractional CFO firms, airCFO offers a hybrid model that combines tech-enabled deliverables with value-added advisory services and supports startups from day one through exit.
Why you should consider working with airCFO:
- A dedicated team of Seasoned Operators, CPAs and MBAs with various industry and business model backgrounds
- Startup Tools, Data and Insights- Since 2014, we have been building an unmatched knowledge library focused on startups and their needs
- Scalable Solution – Peace of mind knowing our team, processes and technology will support you on your journey from seed stage to eventual exit.
airCFO’s sign-up deadlines:
For on-time filings: Sign-up before 02/15/2021 for timely submission
For extension filings: Sign-up before 08/15/2021 for timely submission
TaxValet Recommends Alex Roytenberg, CPA for multi-state income tax returns.
Alex Roytenberg’s Pricing for Multi-State / Federal Income Tax Returns:
From $1,695 (each additional states $395) Includes Federal (1120, 1120S, 1065), DE Franchise Return, 1 State Tax Return, 10 1099-Misc / NEC forms.
Personal tax planning, tax strategy and tax compliance
Who is your ideal client?:
Small and midsize multi-state businesses that are growing
Why you should consider working with Alex Roytenberg:
- Experience and strategies of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley accessible to everyone.
- Being able to translate Tax to English that is actionable
- No surprise bills at the end of the year
Alex Roytenberg’s sign-up deadlines:
For on-time filings: Sign-up before 03/05/2021 (1120) / 02/05/2021 (1065/1120S) for timely submission
For extension filings: Sign-up before 04/01/2021 (1120) / 02/26/2021 (1065/1120S) for timely submission
Who to contact for an initial consultation: Please email Tax@AlexRoytenberg.com
TaxValet Recommends DigiTax PRO™ for multi-state income tax returns.
DigiTax PRO™’s Pricing for Multi-State / Federal Income Tax Returns:
- MultiState Income Tax Analysis starts at $297 and is a separate service but only sold in conjunction with a Tax Prep Package. This service is analysis only – not filing.
- 1040 Schedule C – Single Member LLCs and Sole Proprietors with ONE State under $500k in Revenue starts at $649 and goes from there based on revenue, etc.
- Small Business (1065, 1120, and 1120S) with ONE State under $500k in Revenue starts at $798 and goes from there based on revenue, etc.
- Additional States are $100 per return for both Individual and Small Business. Discounts on state returns are considered at the time of proposal.
Pricing should not be promoted publicly and is subject to change.
Pricing is subject to change.
Tax Prep & File, Tax Planning, S-Corp Strategy
Who is your ideal client?:
Geographic: US-Based, For-Profit Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses with NO Foreign Ownership or Trust Vehicles In Use
Demographic: Solo or Team-Based eCommerce Entrepreneurs w/ 1-3 Team Members (W2/1099) earning Topline Revenue of $50k to $2M through 1-3 Revenue Streams or Channels. 100% Virtual. No Direct Warehouse or Crypto.
Psychographic: Is Coachable, Values Partnership, Practices Gratitude, Values Financial Responsibility, Invests in Growth and Development, Leadership Is Important
Why you should consider working with DigiTax PRO™:
- Cost-Effective Done By You & Done With You Financial Solutions For eCommerce
- Industry-Leading Customer Service Provided Without Bill Shock, Dread, or Worry
- Day One ROI On Our eCommerce Relationships Because We Know eCommerce
Digitax PRO™’s sign-up deadlines:
For on-time filings: Sign-up & Docs before 02/10/2021 for timely submission on 3/15 deadline
For on-time filings: Sign-up & Docs before 02/25/2021 for timely submission on 4/15 deadline
For extension filings: Deadlines are same as on-time filings to ensure proper onboarding
DigiTax PRO™ is currently accepting clients on waitlist for EXTENDED 2021 season only.
Who to contact for an initial consultation: Please visit www.DigiTaxPRO.com/TaxValet
Free State Audit Risk Guide
See which states pose the greatest risk to your business.
State-by-State Audit Risk Percentages