Powered by Passion + Purpose
We’re transforming negative emotions into something positive for our employees, partners, and customers.
What We Do
You know that feeling you get when you have to pay your taxes each year? Imagine having that feeling every single month as a business owner. At TaxValet, we eliminate those feelings of hassle and stress business owners have when dealing with sales tax.
Why We Do It
Our Core Purpose is to transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and employees. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point?
It’s The People
“People are the foundation of any company’s success. The primary job of each manager is to help people be more effective in their job and to grow and develop. We have great people who want to do well, are capable of doing great things, and come to work fired up to do them. Great people flourish in an environment that liberates and amplifies that energy. Managers create this environment through support, respect, and trust. Support means giving people the tools, information, training, and coaching they need to succeed. It means continuous effort to develop people’s skills. Great managers help people excel and grow.”
Company pays for 100% of vision, dental, and medical insurance for full-time employees.
We work and play hard so we can take company-sponsored trips when we meet our targets.
We’re growing fast, and shaping our destiny.
An awesome team that stays positive.
Work that keeps you engaged, and constantly learning.
No commute. No traffic. No pants. Just kidding, wear pants.
1% of company time devoted to charities and non-profits.
Other benefits include…
- 40 days of time off per year (22 holidays + 18 days of PTO)
- 401(k) option with company matching
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Ergonomic desk setup
Our Core Values
Our core values are baked into everything we do at TaxValet.
Feel It: We empathize with the human beyond the task.
Shape It: We are the masters of our destiny and take action to create the future we want.
Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
Crush It: We relentlessly pursue exponential improvements in our business and life.
You Might Be a Good Fit If…
Here are some attributes that could indicate you’d fit in here:
• You resonate with our core values and core purpose
• You’re a self-starter who doesn’t need constant poking and prodding.
• You are resourceful and are not afraid to learn new skills or technologies
• You’re always learning and growing as a person.
• You know how to stay positive under stress and deadlines.
Our Hiring Process
We’re committed to finding the absolute best people out there to join our team. That being said, our hiring process might be a bit more involved than what you’re accustomed to. Here’s all that’s involved:
- Initial application review
- Invitation to provide additional background information
- Brief interview
- Personality assessment
- Longer interview
- Meeting with personality consultant
- Reference check with past managers
- Credit / background check
All told, the process will likely take 3-4 weeks start to finish. This might sound like an involved process (it is) but the upside to our employees is we get to surround ourselves with people who are a joy to work with.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume if you’d like to be considered for future roles that are not currently open.
Sales Tax Permit Coordinator
Title: Permit Application Project Coordinator (Full-Time)
Location: Philippines (100% REMOTE WFH)
Shift: Late Shift (6PM-3AM Manila Time)
About The Role
TaxValet is looking for a permit coordinator to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. You’ll be using your project management and attention to detail skills to assist clients with getting set-up within state tax systems quickly. The result being that TaxValet’s filing team is able to pay each clients’ taxes accurately and on time. This will be a highly collaborative role and will involve working with clients, internal teammates, state agencies, and more.
The Permit Coordinator will primarily be responsible for opening new sales tax accounts, closing existing sales tax accounts, preparing and sending Power of Attorney forms, and troubleshooting permit issues as they pop up. This role will be communicating with US State government agencies and US clients so really high proficiency and comfort with written and verbal English is a must!
In time, you’ll be considered an expert on state sales tax permits and someone that many will turn to when looking for advice.
Don’t worry—we’ll provide lots of training and help along the way. Your attitude and potential is much more important than your current knowledge and experience. We don’t expect anyone to come in with previous US sales tax experience
We’re not just a tax company. We’re an emotions company. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point? At TaxValet, our Core Purpose is to “transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and each other”. It just so happens that we do that by eliminating the hassle and stress of sales tax.
We are a fast-growing, financially stable, and profitable business with a small but AWESOME team of 17 people (and growing!). We’re building a world-class sales tax team, and if you join us, you’ll be part of the reason why.
We are a core-value driven business. That means we hire, promote, and reward based on alignment with our core values:
- Feel It: We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and for each other. A little warmth and understanding goes a long way.
- Shape It: We have a passion for possibilities and recognize that we are the authors of our own future.
- Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
- Crush It: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are competitive and want to WIN!
We are also a “give 1%” organization. This means that 1% of profit, employee time, and service time is dedicated towards nonprofits. This year, we contributed to typhoon disaster relief in the Philippines.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are other reasons why we love working at TaxValet including.:
- Salary targeted at 30,000 PHP monthly
- 2,500 de minimis and 2,000 night shift allowance monthly
- Additional 20% night shift differential for the horse worked 10PM-3AM
- Totalling about 38,250 PHP monthly (pre-tax)
- Company paid HMO for you plus up to two dependents.
- 40 days off per year. This includes 22 holidays per year, plus 18 days of PTO per year. Yes, seriously.
- 100% Remote Working from Home.
- Equipment and desk set-up to ensure you are able to work remotely comfortably and effectively.
Some intangible benefits include:
- Engaged and satisfied coworkers who love working at TaxValet (with an eNPS 50% higher than the industry average)
- Learn relevant and in-demand skills you’ll have for the rest of your career.
- Opportunity to have a real impact and grow your career with the company.
- Opportunity to join company retreats and vacations (post-COVID, of course).
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to learn and grow professionally and wants a career (not just a job). We can train you on a lot of things, but here are our non-negotiables:
- Great english proficiency.
- Comfortable talking on the phone and pressing people for what you need.
- Experience with project management, contract application, legal research preferred but not required.
- Accounting or finance background would be helpful as well, but again, not required.
- Positive references from past supervisors.
- You have high attention to detail and a perfectionist at heart.
- Self-starter and shows initiative to get work done even without constant supervision.
- Excellent at time management. You don’t waste time on frivolous activities.
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
- Willing and able to work the 6PM-3AM schedule long-term (think about how this will fit into your life, your family, and your quality of life).
Please note that the final step before being hired is for you to arrange reference calls with your former managers and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Opening Sales Tax Permits. The Permit Coordinator is responsible for owning the creation of assigned sales tax permits from application to handoff. This includes applying for the sales tax permits and creating access to the state account to verify any information needed so the account can then be turned over to the Account Manager for filing purposes. The Permit Coordinator communicates with the states to ensure accurate permit information.
- Prepare and Submit Power of Attorney Forms. The Permit Coordinator prepares, sends, and submits the Power of Attorney forms for clients to give TaxValet the ability to communicate with states on behalf of the client.
- Permit Closures. The Permit Coordinator will work with the Onboarding Liaison and Account Manager in respect to closing out sales tax permits for clients who no longer have nexus, sold their business or will be offboarding from TaxValet
- Process Client Scanned Mail. The Permit Coordinator reviews all inbound scanned mail and saves documents to the client record. Once the document is saved, the permit coordinator will notify the account manager or anyone in the TaxValet team that the document effects. All desk tickets must be reviewed for urgency within the shift they are received, ideally as soon as it is received.
Specific Measures of Success
No surprises here! After a year on the job, you’ll be measured by these specific outcomes:
- Permit Process Completion Time. The entire permit process from application to ability to file is completed in a median time of less than 45 days.
- Permit Application Turnaround Time. The Permit Coordinator will have all sales tax permits applications submitted within less than 48 hours of notification from the Onboarding Team.
- Education Hours. The Permit Coordinator will complete 3 hours per quarter in work-related education or training.
Are You Our Next Teammate?
We’d love to be in touch. Please apply online with a resume and cover letter. If there’s mutual interest, we’ll reach out to you to collect additional information. Thanks, and we’re looking forward to meeting you.